More than 80 people sent to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Beaumont middle school

Marshall Middle School in Beaumont was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak in the school was reported this morning, according to the report Beaumont ISD made with Click2Houston.  According to reports, a number of students complained of feeling light-headed.

Once the school was evacuated, medical responders attended to students and adults at the scene.  Of the people who were evacuated, 79 students and two adults were sent to the hospital for additional treatment.

While officials with the Beaumont Fire Department have reported that they believe the leak originated from the school boiler room, they are not yet sure when the leak may have began.  That being said, officials did say that it would take anywhere between two and three hours for a person to show symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at the levels they observed.

At Williams Kherkher, we will continue to monitor this situation, and will provide updates as they become available.

SEO for Lawyers