Sean McCarthy’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation in state and federal courts. He represents clients in the energy, financial, health-care and technology industries in litigation. He has taken lead roles in breach of contract, business tort, and eminent domain cases. Sean has experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including discovery, expert witness preparation, motion practice, oral arguments, mediation, arbitration and trial. Sean has successfully argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
One of the main reasons Mr. McCarthy has brought his breadth of knowledge and talents to the Williams Kherkher law firm is the fact that Williams Kherkher has the resources to battle anyone, any organization, or any state regardless of their location. There is nothing that will hinder Sean’s tenacity to do what is right for his clients.
Sean is licensed to practice in Texas, as well as before the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern District Courts of Texas, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits. Sean is also a member of the Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.
Contact Sean or any of our dedicated attorneys at Williams Kherkher to learn more about your legal options today.
Areas of Practice
- Energy, Oil and Gas Litigation
- Shareholder Rights Disputes
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Investor Litigation
- Fraud Claims
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Contract Disputes
- Business Torts
- Domestic & International Arbitration
- Prior to joining Williams Kherkher, Sean was an associate at Jones Day in their Houston office. He was a member of the trial group, where his emphasis was on complex commercial litigation.
- University of Houston Law Center
- Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, 2008
- Editor of the Houston Law Review, 2007-2008
- Member of the Order of the Coif
- Member of the Order of Barons
- United States Air Force Academy
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 2000
Legal Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- American Association of Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- United States Air Force Academy Association of Graduates
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2015
Licensed to Practice
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- All United States District Courts in Texas