“Community involvement is a part of our moral commitment as a firm and as individuals.”
– John Eddie Williams, Jr.
During the over quarter-century that Williams Kherkher Hart Boundas has been representing clients in the Gulf Coast region, we also have made it a priority to be fully engaged in our community. It is an imperative that the firm gives back to its community and fosters a giving spirit in our attorneys and staff.
Williams Kherkher is a proud supporter of the men and women of the Houston Police Department and the Houston Police Officers Union. The firm has frequently donated time and resources to HPD.
John Eddie Williams, Jr. the firm’s founder and managing partner, has given generously of his own time and money to causes such as cancer research, diabetes, and at-risk children in our community. He also has led the firm’s efforts when it comes to mentoring elementary school students in the area.
John Eddie and his wife Sheridan are perhaps most widely known for their donations to the Houston Chronicle’s Goodfellows Fund. In what has now become an annual tradition, each Christmas the Williamses make the largest single donation to the city’s close-to-100-year-old toy drive.
John Eddie, his partners, attorneys and staff give tirelessly to numerous causes in Harris and Galveston counties, including:
- Numerous Church organizations and Ministries
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Salvation Army
- The March of Dimes
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Houston Museum of Natural Sciences
- Interfaith Ministries
- Planned Parenthood
- National Public Radio
At Williams Kherkher, we never stop looking for new ways to support our community, from hosting blood drives, to volunteering with a local charity for the homeless. Recently, we began sponsoring a race/walk team, comprised of employees and their families, which will participate in local charitable runs to raise funds for good causes.
It is this dedication to helping our friends and neighbors that goes to the heart of Williams Kherkher Hart Boundas’ passion for bringing justice to all members of our community.
Recent Community News
- Jim Hart featured as guest speaker at the USW 13-2001 Annual Scholarship Banquet
- Williams Family Has Donated $1.2 million to Goodfellows Charity
- Williams Family Donates $250,000 to Goodfellows Charity
- Members of the Williams Kherkher Team Participate in Habitat For Humanity Event
- Williams Family Donates $200,000 to Goodfellows Charity
- WK attorneys spread holiday cheer at JFK elementary school in Houston
- Williams Kherkher Staff & Attorneys Help Habitat for Humanity
- Williams Kherkher Supports Simple Thread Charity
- Williams Kherkher Partner Provides Stewards Training for Local Pipefitters
- Williams Kherkher Attorneys Volunteer to Provide Free Legal Advice
- WK Partners with HTLA to Support Economically Disadvantaged Elementary
- Williams Kherkher Partners with Houston Bar Association-AIDS Outreach Committee
- Williams Family Make Annual Donation to Goodfellows
- Williams Kherkher Staff Commemorate Constitution Day
- Williams Kherkher Employees Participate in Labor Day Telethon
- Williams Family Donates $25,000 to Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Williams Kherkher and CIS Houston
- Williams Family Donates $200,000 to Goodfellows Fund
- Williams Family Continue Goodfellows Support
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School mentoring program
- Pancreatic Islet Program
- Williams Kherkher Donates Suite to Texans Game to Texas Children's Hospital Families
- Williams Family Places Record $210,000 Wine Bid for Young Texans
- Williams Kherkher Law Firm Participates in 2010 Citation Special Olympics Airlift
- John Eddie & Sheridan Williams Honor Al & Celia Weatherhead at Memorial Hermann's 2010 Circle of Life Gala
- Williams Family Places Winning Bid in Wine for Education Fundraiser
- Williams Kherkher Collects Care Packages for Soldiers Overseas
- Williams Kherkher Holds Food Drive, Feeds 120 Local Families
- Williams Kherkher Participates in Gulf Coast Region Blood Drive
- Simple Thread Homeless Charity
- Texas Building & Construction Trades Council Convention, 2009
- John Eddie Williams, Jr. Recognized with David S. Shrager President's Award